Friday 8 October 2010

Snood (you can call it a cowl if you like.)

I was born in 1974 and remember the 1980's with love and happiness.
I got a snood one Christmas. I think it was mohair. I wore it with my reversible dalmatian sweater and some leggings. There were possibly some legwarmers in the equation while we danced along with Shakin' Steven and ate Caramacs...

But back to 2010. I found myself in Lidl, a pack of chunky acrylic and a circular needle fell into my trolley, and my new snood was conceived in a flash of inspiration.

I'm really rather pleased with it; it's basically just a knitted tube, but all soft and cosy, just right for keeping my ears warm on those chilly school run mornings.

And I promise to wear matching purple eyeliner at all times.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for the snood!!!! And fantastic that someone else remembers those padded, reversible sweaters!! I was also born in 1974 (must have been a vintage year!) and was trying to describe the reversible sweaters to a friend, she didn't have a clue what I was on about. They were soooo nice and cosy, bit like wearing a little duvet. I can remember begging my mother to buy me one and eventually, I got a pink Minnie Mouse one which had hundreds of Minnie Mouses (mice?) on the reverse. I soooo loved that sweater. *sigh* Wonder if they will make a comeback seeing as 1980s fashion is all the rage. If I see any in the shops, I will definitely get one. Or two. Thanks for that memory lane trip! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh the snood, I remember them being a 75 baby, and those sweaters I am sure I remember them too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.