Friday 27 May 2011

Ahoy there!


I made this pirate applique a few weeks ago, but I couldn't blog about it until the birthday boy had opened it! This was very difficult as I am naturally a big show-off!


I do love drawstring bags - useful for practically anything!
The pirate fabric was purchased on ebay, and the green and blue spotty cotton was left over from another birthday project.


The sea and sky came from my scrap box, and the boat hull was cut from an outgrown shirt.


And the teeny fish buttons were a lucky find while rummaging through my box of scrapbooking embellishments.
A perfect present for a special little boy's first birthday :)


5 comments:

  1. Lovely, I know a little girl who'd love this! She's dressed as a pirate today for school, last day of term is pirate day in her year. She needs no excuse to dress as a pirate though, it's often worn x

    I bet it was well received and loved x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's absolutely brilliant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, what a fab gift for a pirate in training!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect present indeed, I love it. Funnily enough I was just reading The Secret Seahorse with my children, which is illustrated beautifully with collage and applique. I think your pirate bag is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I really like that! My boys would love something like that to put their favourite Bionicles in!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.