Thursday 26 May 2011

Handmade Thursday - Pimped up Button Jar

My button jar is now a pincushion too!!

This was so simple - just a circle of fabric (about three times the diameter of the jar lid) with a quick running stitch all around the edge. Stuff with wadding, pull stitching tight and tie off.
Then you just glue it onto the lid, I used a hot glue gun.
To finish off I glued two lengths of ribbon around the base of the lid and covered the join with a glued on button.

I have had to tidy my sewing desk to give it pride of place :)

More Handmade Thursdays at http://whitelilygreen.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shazronnie - these are so clever, I've seen them on other people's blogs but had no idea how to make them. Thanks for following my blog, I've been meaning to get around to visiting everyone but has been tricky with Blogger issues and sorting out my swap, will try and have a proper read of yours soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fab idea! I might have to have a go at this! Love it!! Thank you for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks great. I was bought a little jar similar to this from Liberty for my birthday. I bet it cost a fortune, but your handmade one looks even nicer :0)

    @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.