Sunday 9 January 2011

Upcycled Applique Bag

Ta-dah!
The house is a tip and the kids are half naked, but I don't care because I'm rather pleased with this.
It started life as 8 squares of denim cut from an old pair of jeans, a pillowcase and a pelmet. (Buying an odd pelmet with no price label from a charity shop was a bit of a Royston Vasey moment, I'm telling you!)
 
 I wanted to practice some applique, and ending up embellishing it with some old buttons and scraps of ribbon from my cardmaking box.


And I got to practise those tricky curved lines!


2 comments:

  1. Ok, now you are just showing off! Lovely bag, and I'm very jealous of how quickly you have picked up this new skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous bag, and so beautifully put together.....lovely.

    florrie x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.